How to create a Incident
You can create a new Incident in two ways; directly from the Incident screen or by converting a Blert [QUICK LINK]. The steps below outlines the first optio, If you’re converting a Blert to an Incident, skip to Step 3.
- Select the Incidents on the desktop menu or tap the Incidents icon on mobile
2. You will see a list of all Incidents ordered by status [QUICK LINK]. Select the Incident to see further details and edit it.
3. Select the Incident template that best reflects the Incident you are recording.
If you create a new Incident by converting a Blert, you will be taken directly to this screen where you select the template.
4. On the next screen, add a title and enter as much information as possible including the harm level, date and location as well as details about what happened and how and who reported it.
5. Once you’ve entered all details, tap Save on mobile or ADD in Desktop.
This will publish your Incident.
Managing the Incident
You will be taken to the three-panel Incident Management screen where you can record, manage and communicate the Incident.
Any information added here will be visible to all managers who have project roles that enable them to view Incidents. Learn more about roles here.
Remember to create Hazards or Alerts via the Communicate panel if there is anything about this Incident your whole team should be aware of.
- This is where you can review and edit the details of the Incident, add the people involved and link to any Blerts that relate to this incident.
- To edit the details, select the edit icon in the top right of the Details area.
- Use the + (EDIT) icons to add people and Blerts.
Select Manage at the top of the page.
- Depending on which Incident template you selected in the beginning, you might see some pre-set tasks at the top of the manage screen.
- You can easily change the status of a task or delete it by selecting the icon to the left of the task.
- Select the task to view and edit details including assigning it to the relevant person and setting a due date.
- Scroll further down on the page to review and add comments, attachments and documents.
- Select Edit to add new comments, attachments and documents.
- Comments allows you to start a conversation with the Incident management team (Event Managers and Team Leaders). Everyone will receive a notification that a new comment has been made. All comments added here will also show in your Conversations area. Select Conversations from the main side menu to view them.
- Add Learnings and a Closure Reports at the bottom of the screen
- Use the edit icons to add/edit details
Select Communicate at the top of the screen.
- Remember, Incidents are only visible to Event Managers and Team Leaders. If there is something about this Incident that the wider team should be aware of, you can use the Communicate panel to create Hazards or Alerts
- Use the + icons to create a new Hazard or Alert; or link to an existing one
- Follow the links below to learn more